As an intro to my retirement, birthday, and more for family fun, Mary Ann decided to muster up a 8-day vacation plan on fairly short notice. Due to school vacations and other considerations we planned to take my son Justin, his wife Meagan and their daughters Anna, Charlotte and Emily along with my daughter Alison, her husband John Dempsey and their two kids, Jack and Nora. My oldest son Ethan, his wife Amanda and their son Ethan Luke could not make the trip this time due to EL’s school schedule.
I’ll keep this short but we had a great time renting a base house via airbnb in North Pacific Beach and exploring many local areas. Our only regret is that we picked an odd time when the weather was cooler than normal. Most days were between the 50s-60s with only two days of real sun and blue sky. At least it did not rain and we made the most of it.
- Friday 3/30/18 – Travel to San Diego mostly
- Saturday 3/31 – Browsing Pacific Beach, Kobey’s Swap Meet, Dog Beach
- Sunday 4/1 – Easter -Torrey Pines State Preserve
- Monday 4/2 – Leggoland
- Tuesday 4/3 – Hanging out, surfing, playground, Sunset Beach
- Wednesday 4/4 – San Diego Zoo
- Thursday 4/5 – Coronado, beach time, local sunset
- Friday 4/6 – Travel Home
Photos / Video will be available later…